La prossima edizione degli European Film Awards avrà luogo virtualmente per 5 notti a partire dall’8 dicembre e si concluderà con la cerimonia di gala il 12 dicembre. Tra i film annunciati in nomination 18 (che rappresentano un totale di 30 nomination tra le categorie principali) hanno ricevuto finanziamenti dell’UE attraverso il programma MEDIA di Europa Creativa.
Tra questi Martin Eden, di Pietro Marcello, ha ottenuto le seguenti nomination: Miglior Film, Miglior Regista, Miglior Attore e Miglior Sceneggiatore.
Le candidature ricevute dalle funzionalità supportate da MEDIA includono:
- Another Round – Druk by Thomas Vinterberg, a co-production with Denmark, The Netherlands and Sweden supported by MEDIA in development and distribution.
- Berlin Alexanderplatz by Burhan Qurbani, a German-Dutch film that received MEDIA funding for its distribution.
- Corpus Christi, a Polish-French co-production by Jan Komasa that was supported by MEDIA in distribution.
- Martin Eden by Pietro Marcello, a French-Italian co-production supported by MEDIA for distribution.
- The Painted Bird by Václav Marhoul, a Czech Republic, Slovakia and Ukraine film supported for its development.
- Undine by Christian Petzold, a French-German title that received MEDIA funding for its distribution.
- The Big Hit by Emmanuel Courcol is a French comedy that received MEDIA funding under development.
- Acasa, my home by Radu Ciorniciuc is a documentary involving Romania, Germany and Finland that was funded under development,.
- Gunda by Victor Kossakovsky, a co-production with Norway and the US that received MEDIA support for development.
European Animated Feature Film
- Calamity by Rémy Chayéa, a French-Danish animation supported by MEDIA for its development.
- Thomas Vinterberg for Another Round – Druk
- Agnieszka Holland for Charlatan
- Jan Komasa for Corpus Christi
- Maria Sodahl for Hope
- Pietro Marcello for Martin Eden
- François Ozon for Summer of 85
- Ane Dahl Torp for Charter
- Andrea Braein Hovig for Hope
- Marta Nieto for Mother
- Paula Beer for Undine
- Mads Mikkelsen for Another Round – Druk
- Bartosz Bielenia for Corpus Christi
- Viggo Mortensen for Falling
- Goran Bogdan for Father
- Luca Marinelli for Martin Eden
- Costa-Gavras for Adults in the room
- Thomas Vinterberg and Tobias Lindholm for Another Round – Druk
- Martin Behnke and Burhan Qurbani for Berlin Alexanderplatz
- Mateusz Pacewicz for Corpus Christi
- Pietro Marcelo and Maurizio Braucci for Martin Eden